Founded in 1957 as a not-for-profit organization, Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee sells donated goods to provide employment and training opportunities for people who have disabilities and individuals who have trouble finding and maintaining employment.
The organization operates over 300,000 sq. ft. of retail sales floor space in 29 locations, over 70 donation sites and 16 employment and training centers.
- Industry: Not-for-Profit
- Integration: Great Plains
- Departments: Human Resources, Payroll
Approximately 35% of Goodwill’s workforce is replaced annually as clients move into employment opportunities in their communities. This ever-shifting workforce and the documents associated with it generated a surplus of paper, resulting in rooms full of filing cabinets, lost paperwork and a constant scramble to find information. Their wage change approval process was inefficient and supervisors were under constant stress to meet deadlines.
Nearly every process associated with Human Resources and payroll was time-consuming and prone to error; all of this became their catalyst for change.
- Inefficient Human Resource and payroll processes
- Lengthy, time-consuming approvals
- A growing amount of physical storage space was being required just for paper
- iSynergy Document Management for the capture, storage and quick retrieval of all their existing paper
- Progression Workflow Automation for the automatic routing and review of work items
- iForms Electronic Forms for the quick and seamless capture of information
- Elimination of physical paper storage
- A 25% reduction in time spent on paperwork and 70% reduction in interdepartmental inquiries
- Over $100,000 in annual savings
“Our net income is up, we are able to do more with less, and Goodwill is growing.”
Ed O'Kelley, Senior Director of Information Technology
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee
Download the full case study now: